Info. on 2wd motorcycle

mastertech

A few years ago I saw a 2wd motorcycle at hershey, dont rember the name of the bike. I think it was made around the early 70s for work on the alaskian oil pipe line. I have a friend who is interested in finding a bike like this, the only thing id he had thought it was a minibike. I had also tried to find info on this bike just for my own curiosty. If any one out there knows about it or where i can find info let me know.

thanks

melvin schwentner

This was on the Rokon board:

"I have a '69 trailbreaker for sale. Restored cosmetically and engine rebuilt about 1995. Rode it occasionally for a few years then stored inside in 1999. Haven't run it since but may try if I find the time.

Issues: typical play in transmission output shaft and associated oil leak, I remember the idle being a little high but probably just a needle height issue, not original seat but a tractor-style bolted to Aquilla frame, leg-guard wired in a few places where welds broke, tube in front tire has rotated so now can't reach tube nipple.

Pictures on request unless you can tell me how to attach them to a message here. I'm asking $1900 and would like a local sale. I'll assist in transport to Albany, Hartford, New Jersey, etc.

Thanks, Paul

Danbury, CT"