new convertable top of 91 Reatta

HRP

My 91 Reatta needs a new top. The original top was white. The car is red, tan interior and tan pinstriping, black trip. Since the white top looked dirty, except just after cleaning, I'm thinking of going with a tan top. Cost of a new top, installed? Dealer or trim shop? comments please. Thanks<P>------------------<BR>

I have done some research and the Cadillac or RR of tops comes from Electron Top. There are other makers and they use the same raw material from Haartz but owners, shops and Electron have convinced me theirs is the best. Their catalog shows a suggested retail price of $925 for stock number GM4950 for the Reatta. This includes the glass rear window that is bonded into the top.<BR>I have found some other sources that have tops as cheap as $450, but without the glass and not a very good reputation with installation shops.<BR>Find a shop that only installs Electron and they will have a booklet of color choices. If you have problems selecting a color, I did some comparison at the convention and have notes on that. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

I replaced the top on my '90, it was also<P>white with a tan top. Electron was the <P>sourse and I chose the cloth over the vinyl<P>and am very pleased with the result. My<P>original is in excellent shape but I wanted<P>tan (the car has 18,000 miles on it). Barney<P>was right on the money for the price.<P>

I replaced the top on my '90, it was also<P>white with a tan top. Electron was the <P>sourse and I chose the cloth over the vinyl<P>and am very pleased with the result. My<P>original is in excellent shape but I wanted<P>tan (the car has 18,000 miles on it). Barney<P>was right on the money for the price.<P>