NOS buick parts (Old stuff) very hard to find

Guest gkmoz

Guest sixpack2639

I don't go only by a sellers feedback score alone. I do some research and actually read the feedbacks given, good and bad before I decide to do business with someone on ebay with less than a 100% rateing. I have done business with this particular seller and had no problem. Quite the contrary, I got the part I bid on and another that was the same part with slight damage but very repairable for nothing. Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to make this a commercial for this seller, just trying to say you can't judge a book by it's cover. Just my .02, Carl

Guest my3buicks

Also, if you look at the over 650 postives and 15 negs (although they have been mostly over the past year) the percentage isn't that bad. I agree you have to look at the total picture of an ebayer, read some of the feedback, good and bad.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Same here Carl.I've bought from this guy before too and was pleased. Buying AND selling used parts on eBay can be tough. I always try to ask detailed questions and for more pictures but have still gotten burned. There are the "Bob's" of eBay and there are the "CARS" of Ebay. At least there is the benefit of having Feedback available to check out folks reputation before you buy..

I've used this seller several times and although he sometimes takes a while on his responses, there are parts on my car that I needed desperatly an he's the only person I've come accross that had them, thankfully he's willing to go through the aggravation of selling on Ebay, and I understand it is can be a pain. Hows that saying go, you can please some of the people some of the time but not everybody all of the time or something like that.

Don Young

BCA# 40498

1947 56C

Guest 70 Electra

Sometime back, I saw an NOS item of interest from this seller offered on ebay. I contacted him to find out the specific condition of this NOS item (auction description said only "NOS" and told nothing of condition; photo was poor). As we all know, NOS parts vary in quality, and often have either factory flaws, shelf wear, handling damage, etc.

The seller was either thick as a brick or very cagey: he responded with the response that the part was "new, and had never been on a car". I might add that he was rather curt about it, as well.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I asked the same question about condition a second time, being careful to phrase my inquiry in a very courteous manner. I pointed out that I was a picky customer and wanted to know about shelf wear, pitting, etc. I asked for a description and/or better photos.

The response I got was downright offensive. I was again told that "the part is NOS, and what part of that don't you understand?" blush.gifThe implication was that identifying it as NOS told me all I needed to know. Duhh??

You all can draw your own conclusions from this experience, but needless to say, I would not trust this seller and have made a point not to bid on any of his items.

I've never bought from this person, so don't know how he is to deal with. One thing about his ads that particularly bother me is that so many of his offerings are "rare". He has a front fender trim piece for a 57 Buick on Ebay right now that he is listing as extremely rare. No, this part is not rare. He also doesn't specify what body style and model it is.

I also see that he is from New York. I have dealt with many people from New York, both in my professional career, as well as through car dealings. Although they are generally very nice people, their approach to communication is, what we midwesterners would consider, very rude. They actually are not rude, but they tend to come across that way upon initial contact.

As someone said about this person, his Ebay rating is still well over 99%, so he can't be that bad.

Guest sixpack2639

You're in RARE form tonight Lamar!

Go to this thread and check out the ebay link. Nice car but my reason for sending you here is to check this guys feedback. Now this is one guy I wouldn't buy a glass of water from if I was thirsting to death! RUDE, CRUDE and SOCIALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

I asked similar questions about an NOS part and never got an answer. It wasn't posted on the auction either. Didn't bid on the part for that reason. Asked a question about another NOS part and likewise didn't get an answer. The parts both sold but not to me. No answer equals a shady guy or doesn't care about customer service. Something very important on ebay. I'm 500 positive feedbacks and no negatives but not in biz.