Horn Buttons (1990)

Phisit

Guest F14CRAZY

Yeah they commonly break. The FSM update said to use fishing line to fix them. So dealers installed fishing line on your $30k+ handbuilt luxury performance car.

i found that they have little clips that break off and are still inside of the steering wheel, i was able to, after a few tries, superglue them back on at the right angle and get them to snap back in without breaking, i didn't even bother with the string, they stayed in fine after that, and work better than before.

The air-bag wheel used on the 1990-1991 Reatta was also used on several other GM cars at the same time. You might find used horn buttons at the wrecking yard, but they may need to be painted for color match.

There were two molded in "J" hooks that held the button in place. Heat, the sun, and over active honking probably did the buttons in.... GM added the "fish line" fix (not the dealer) until the molds could be modified and two additional "J" hooks were added. Because of the design change, you cannot put the new-late button in an old housing. The molds were changed at least three years back but there is still a slight possibility that some of the "fish line" units are still on the shelf. The part number did not change when the mold was modified.

The last time I checked, all the colors were still available. Here is a list.

LEFT ...........Color ...........RIGHT

16750750........GREY...........16750749

16750752........TAN............16750751

16750744........BLUE...........16750743

16750746........BURGUNDY.......16750745

16750758........FLAME RED......16750757