41 buick sedanet question

Joe Werner

Are you asking if there is a '41 Chevy with a sedanette body or if there were any 1941 Buick Special sedanettes made on the short 118-inch chassis (which used Chevrolet bodies)?

1) I don't know if Chevrolet used the sedanette body in 1941, but Oldsmobile and Cadillac both had sedanettes in addition to Buick. Pontiac may have had one also. I do know that Chevy had one after the war (1946+). I know a Chevrolet expert will help us out and answer this question for us.

2) The 2-door Buick Special (A-series) coupes on the 118-inch wheelbase used Chevrolet bodies and had a standard trunk profile, not the fastback sedanette look. If you wanted a Buick Special sedanette, it was on the B-series 121-inch wheelbase.

Does that help?

Yes, in 1941 Buick had a chevy bodied 2-door coupe, and as Matt stated it was a regular trunkback, not fastback. It would be labeled as a 41-44 and I personally have only seen one or two of them. Of the chevy bodies, fourdoor sedans and 2 door convertibles seem to have survived much more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my 42 buick is a 118 inch wheel base buick sedanet i was wondering if they had the short wheel base sedanet in 41 </div></div>

No, in '41 sedanettes were either 121-inch Specials or 126-inch Centurys. In 1942, the sedanette body style was available on all lines but the Limited (Special-A, Special-B, Super, Century and Roadmaster), including both the 118-inch and 121-inch Specials (for a total of 5 different sedanettes available!).

• 2 weeks later...