1988 Reatta For Sale $900.00

tnheygirl

Guest EDBS0

Looks like a good value to me.

Only one change, from "Owned by stubborn female No haggling!!" to "Owned by an attractive stubborn female No haggling!!" Her past postings and contributions here will be missed. All the best luck in your future endeavours.

EDBS0

lol Thank you. Yes once the car is gone there will be no more posts begging and pleading for help! Believe it or not I did a lot of the work myself..which could be taken as a pro or con so I left that off the site. tongue.gif

I changed the mileage to 131,452. Had to run to the store this morning and just by luck the displays came up so I snapped a photo of the odometer and added it to the web page.

Hey, TN Girl!

I grew up in Raliegh, near Craigmont H.S. where I graduated in the late 70's!

I'm flying to Dallas Thursday to pick up a 1990 Reatta Convertible, plan on stopping in Memphis on my way home. I want to see/buy your car, and can have friends(?) store it for me 'till I can get back to get it. Can it make a 600 mile trip to Chicago area? I can trust you to be honest, cuz y'all's from Memphis, TN the state of hospitality. I'll send you a PM with my cell phone number, so y'all can call to tell me where/when I can see yer car. I'll be on the plane 'till 4, then dealin' on the drop-top. Please try to call Thursday night, I'll be on the road to Memphis, home of the Blues, jazz, Rock-n-Roll, Disco and ELVIS. I can meet you friday to see your Reatta.

Well I've been overwhelmed with emails and I have 17 call backs to make this morning on the car. Thank you guys and girls for the sales help. The only way I can narrow it down is to who has a car trailer or hitch of some type to pull it home with them. With the accumulator out I just can't let someone drive it home that way. I'd worry about you.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the fact you're no longer replying to this post, (or the PM's sent), preclude you've sold your Reatta?

Once you DO sell it, will it mean you won't talk to us anymore?

Are you looking for another, (a better), Reatta? Maybe a drop-top?

AHhhh! So many questions, and so few replies!

Hate to think all we had in common with you was merely a car.

Some of us may feel as if we were used, then thrown aside for another newer, shiny-er car, which does'nt require 100% of one's mind and body to be engaged.

YOU JUST WANTED US FOR OUR CAR(KNOWLEDGE), DID'NT YOU!

RE: ZZ TOP "She don't love me(us), she loves my(our) automobile(knowledge)!!

Just checking to see if the car still exists.

I have an old best friend who is interested in it. He lives near tnheygirl.

Wanted to see if owner would respond if sold, or if she lost all interest in our discussion forum once the car was gone.

Some of us are true enthusiasts, like Shelby, who no longer owns a Reatta, yet stays in and keeps looking for the one he wants. Others are here as long as they need support for thier cars, which is fine as well.

One must acknowledge it's nice to have a return message to verify availability, or lack thereof, of a collectible car posted here for sale.

I try to add a little humor, (and occasional colloquial jargon, I grew-up in Memphis), and music references at times to keep thing positive.

I truly was in Memphis for 3 days, and had no contact from the seller. I had given my cell phone number for her to do so. I am a serious collector who may have bought it myself for parts, and indicated such. I was driving a 90 Reatta convertible I had bought in TX, and storage/transport available in Memphis for her car, if I bought it.

My intent was never to "hit-on" the owner, she's probably my youngest daughter's age. I was "hitting-on" the car! I even brought extra cash along for it!

NO REPLY, NO SALE.

She mentioned in a PM that a Canadian gentleman had also inquired about it, was that you?

Guest myfirstbuick

I'm the proud owner of this Reatta. It now calls Ohio its new home. It is keeping my '39 Buick company........