You Know You?re An Out of Control Hobbyist When...

Ron Green

Guest Moepar

I USED to have that problem at a parts store in a town where I used to live. I went in one time trying to get brake pads for my 63 Corvair. After several minutes looking in his books, the counter guys says "can't find the Corvair section, guess I gotta look in the COMPACT CAR section". I pushed him aside, had to show him HOW to look under CHEVROLET to find Corvair. Took him to the back & grabbed my parts, & asked for his discount for having to do the work myself. This is at the same parts store that wouldn't give me a job because I'm a woman & 'can't read the books'. No kiddin'! Upon leaving that day, I asked the fella to order me a correct pressure radiator cap for my Corvair & points & a condenser for my '88 Chevy truck with electronic ignition. He was still looking for it the next week when I went in there. tongue.gifooo.gifCouldn't find his rear end with both hands & a rear-end magnet! grin.gif

Most of the guys at our stores here are pretty good about finding stuff for us. I'm on pretty good terms with the boss at those stores, & usually complain when he gets a 'counter-idiot'. He usually looks for better help when he sees whats happening.

-When you go into the parts store armed with all the part numbers because you have a full set of their parts catalogs!

Guest imported_jmarsicano

Ok, I moved a couch last night, one that is in my basement, and found 4 Pontiac Rally II wheels that I had beed blasted and primered almost 10 years back. I always knew I had them somewhere....