55 interior

Bhigdog

Does anyone know what type material ( if any ) was used to cover the rear seat deck (where the rear speaker is) on a 55 S-88? Was it cardboard, vinyl, etc and would the color match the interior or did they use a universal neutral color? Thanks.......Bob.

• 2 weeks later...

Vin #558C10631. The car is (was) Grove Green and Polar White. My intention is to change the color to Regal Maroon and Polar White. The rear shelf is just bare metal now, hence my question. I also, at some point will need to know what interior color options were available with that combo and what the codes were. Thanks....Bob.

Bob, there were 7 different interior color combs #311,312,314,315,317,318,319. Also if you didn not like Olds combs you could order what you wanted. That came to about 265 exterior and interior combos. Bob,get the Master Parts List of Body Parts for OLDSMOBILE 1949-1957 from Faxton in Calif about $30.00. Oh yes your back deck painted cardboard or leather (Bolster) to match your interior. 1955 was the FLYING COLORS year for OLDSMOBILE. WJW

• 4 years later...