stolen 1951 Buick-help

stoplossbug

my 1951 Buick Special was stolen out of my garage the night of sat night june4th or early morning sun the june5th --it had to be taken on a big trunk was not running at the time-the car is green with a white top --it was taken from centre,ala -on the corner of cedarbluff rd and 68 by-pass--hope someone has seen it --please be on the look out for it -if you see it please let me knowshutterbug818@bellsouth.net

1-985-705-9013--

this car was left to me by my father-he bought it brand new-i have all the paper work on it and every tag it ever had-

i feel like they stolen my baby-and the last thing i had of my daddy

i'm just sick-hope someone can help-i've got the police on it but i need more eyes out there looking --gotta get her back home

more than likely it's probably not in ala anymore

thanks for any help you can give me

donna l. watts

i live in louisiana now and was getting ready to bring her down -thought she was safe -guess i was wrong

Guest sixpack2639

Donna, I would also suggest, if you have any pictures to post them so we know exactly what were looking for. Especially if there are any disserning marks, dents, scratches, or say, a "rust hole in the bottom of the fender shaped like a map of Florida". Carl

going to try to give all more info to help if you run across the Buick

serial number 16390890

motor number 66087344

has a 14 year old tag on it that says antique or vintage

radio is in tact but doesn't work

brass radiator

brass carb

4 wheels plus spare has 2 yellow pin stripes on them

blue sparkclub cover was in trunk-it has the firing order on it

breather was in trunk

gas tank has black rubber coating on it

back window has a shriner sticker on it

all chrome needed rechromed

back bumper-daddy paid extra for -was a sports bumper doesn't go straight across

has like a shelf on it

left hand hood release was broken

original upholstery-with old seat covers that daddy bought in the 60's lil ragged

has 2 inline gas filters that were not original to the car-one right before the carb the other under the car on passenger side

inside of the drivers door is YOUNG OIL COMPANY stickers from the 60's

glove department has a warp to it -you have to use a screw driver to help open it-there are a few scratches there

on back bumper greenish yellow spot where a sticker had been removed

on carb a small socket used[i think a number 10] as a connection to the automatic choke

and as i said before dark green body and white top

thanks again for your help

i was looking forward to restoring her --she deserved it

also my uncle said if you ever looked you'd fine a number 10 shoe imprint on the passenger side--it was his trying to use the break when daddy should have lol-so many memories -- i was born 1957 so that buick has always been in my life --hope someone can bring her home to me

also my cell phone number is 1-985-705-9013 if you see her

Guest imported_MrEarl

Donna,

So sorry to hear someone has taken your Buick. You know there is a TV show called pimp my ride or something like that where someone steals your car and restores it for you without your knowing it and then it reappears all beautifully restored. Hope this might be the case with you. If not we'll certainly be on the look out. I've posted a notice over on The Jalopy Journal aka The H.A.M.B.. It's the biggest hot rod forum I know of. It is very likely that year and model might be destined to become a hot rod. They're a great bunch of guys on that Forum, kinda on the wild side sometime, but I bet if they see it they'll convince the thief to return it.

Keep us posted and I wish you luck in finding it. If it does make it back home please come back and visit us.

Here's the link to

the HAMB

Guest imported_MrEarl

We'll find your Buick for you. It would help if you could post a photo (or email it to me and I can post it) that could be copied and posted around. There is Buick Club of America National Meet going on in Batavia NY that I'd be glad to post a picture of it there. There's a lot of other shows going on around that it could be posted at. The Buick Bugle the official BCA organ, would be a good place to post it. I can do that for you if you're not a member. I'll post on some other lists too. Just DON'T GIVE UP. wink.gif

Donna, My heart is out to you. Did you see this in another post on the BCA Forum?

"Also any fans of rockabilly / rat rod type shows may want to check out the "5th annual psycobilly car crash " car show at Mulligan's in Decatur ga this Sunday. Its usually fun . And then of course I'll be off to the starlight six drive-in . My favorite place to go .

See ya'll there ".

Maybe you should ask the police to check this event for your car. I sure hope they don't really mean car "crash".

Donna,

IMMEDIATELY send letters to the major auction firms, including Kruse and Barrett-Jackson. Also send letters to the major collector car dealers that sell near you. Many of them advertise in Hemmings. You may also do a Yellow Pages search on Yahoo by ZIP code.

Provide the following documentation to them:

* Proof of ownership, such as a copy of the title or last registration.

* Copy of the police report. (You DID do a police report, right?)

* The motor number, or serial number, or both.

* ANY peculiarities about the car, such as unusual options or aftermarket items.

* GOOD phone numbers and e-mail addresses where they can reach you virtually any time of the day or night.

There is a very good chance you will find the car soon. Other people have had their Buicks stolen out of their garage or a storage facility, and they usually turn up later. I think this is because they stand out when in a public area, and they are more difficult to sell than ordinary cars.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Joe

Guest sixpack2639

Donna, Reatta Man has a good idea with sending the letters and I would also add send letters to any international shipping port mainly on the gulf and atlantic coasts. Also you might post the model number if you know it ie. 41D (which is what mine is). It would help in looking for it as many of us know the different models on sight. Carl

Thank you all so much for the advice -- yes the police where called - yes i am in Louisiana - no one was living there was trying to get it down here -- thought it was safe because was in the middle of town -- thought my brothers where watching better -- But I love the car and want her back --LOVE to drive it and you are right it does turn heads --was hoping to post a couple pictures but cant seem to figure out how

thank you so much

Guest sixpack2639

Donna, If you have digital pictures send them to my email (my screen name @yahoo.com) and i'll post them for you. If they are snapshots you'll have to find someone with a scanner to scan them in to their computer and post from there. Carl

• 2 weeks later...

keith we really look at the pictures and yes the right color green is on the motor-and she's 1 and a half hours away from where she was stolen-but i don't believe that is her-the interior around the passenger side was more wore down

of course chrome was not as good either -but it could have been sprayed i guess-

thank you so much-and please keep looking-you and every one else --yes this car most definately use to be green-why in the world why would they have painted her those colors--thank you for being sooo observant-boy we miss her-interiors are grey black vinyl at bottom of the door--

You'd better take another close look at that car. It obviously was not two toned blue, anf the paint has no luster, indicating it is repainted. If it is located 1 1/2 hrs away, why not take a ride over and check the the cars VIN number?

Digital camera's can do wonders for droping details of a car. Just take a lower megapixil picture and things look much better than they really are. It is noted the VIN number is not listed in the ad. If you have the vin number, call the police and ask them to check.

Guest Shaffer

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I will spread the word on the other auto forums that I am a member of. The more people aware the better. The photos would be of great significance as well.

My cousins father bought her a beautiful 67' Mustang convertible in 1985 when she was 16. It was like new original. A few months later the police came to their home and said that my uncle had bought a stolen car (he had paid $10,000 for it) and they (authorities) towed it away. shocked.gif She was very cross indeed. mad.gif

Hopefully your car will be recovered in the same conditions.