funny at 45 mph

Depley

Ok, here it is, at 40-45 mph expecially can happen at any speed , the car has a slight not sure how to descibe it sort of surges then drops off, the RPM does not change when this happens, as I have watched it to find out. Took it in , they replaced the ignition module (cost $400+) and still does it. <P>As for the hard starting it has always taken second crank and it starts immediately, has had the fuel pump replaced in past 2 years with no change in that. oh yeah and never a problem when car is warm, starts first time every time<P><BR>thanks<p>[This message has been edited by Depley (edited 08-02-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

I think checking the wires, coil pack and the ICM (ignition control module) is a good place to start because they are temperature sensative. I have had two defective ICM and if you remove the coil pack you can inspect the condition of the epoxy, it should be hard and even colored. If the car starts when it is warn it must be a temperature related componet. Have you check the sensors before starting the car on the on board computer.<BR>Good Luck, Let us konw how what you find the problem to be.<P>Gary Frank

Are you sure it isn't the torque converter trying to lockup? Has anyone checked the condition of the TPS? Also when they changed the fuel pump, did they check the fuel pump relay? Does the fuel pump run for a couple of seconds when you turn the key on? <P>------------------<BR>Hal, btk@vbe.com