Reatta Steering Wheel New Style! INSTALLED!

Guest maybe2fast

Guest maybe2fast

this wheel is out of a 1992 Euro Lumina and it will do nicely. I took the hood emblem off of a 88 and it fit perfect

Guest F14CRAZY

Agreed. I'd rather suffer a concussion with my forehead on the wheel then look at that ugly wheel every day.

If my dad's convert's bag ever pops, I'm going to figure out a retrofit from another GM car.

Oh, so you guys like the old Reatta steering wheels. With no airbag and looking like a reject from the sixties! tongue.gif

Hey, to each his own... I always liked the 90-91 on the Reatta. Even the 1993 Mustang's looked better than my 1987 Mustang's steering wheel... to me, in any case. So, bleh! tongue.gif

Guest maybe2fast

I installed it today and had a few problems but nothing major. First I had to figure out the resistance of the airbag, now you can't voltmeter it because it could go off! so I talked to my dad and the owner of the autogarage we work at and 2 ohms was the way to go so I tricked the airbag light and the wheel looks great and the feel is sooo much better

Guest maybe2fast

No airbag! I had to trick the light with two simple 1 ohm resistors to make 2 ohm resistance and the light went off.

The ornament looks good there but '88 hood ornaments are extremely hard to find in good condition. They have not been available new probably since '88 and even my parts book which was printed in '89 only shows the larger style hood ornament which is now also unavailable from GM or Vintage.

Guest geoman1

I used the same wheel on my 90 and also used the same method to trick the airbag. I used the emblem from the original wheel and used double sided tape to attach it over the chevy bowtie. Here is a pic of mine.