FINALLY A BIG DAY CAME UP!!! 21st may!

Yes, It's finally true!

I've got a deal on that truck I've tried to get for last 11 years!!!

Owners didn't wan't any money from the car, so they traded it for my 1939 Dodge DeLuxe.

That truck is The Truck my grandpa used to drive after IIWW daily at his work.

I've posted few photos of the car few months ago, but what a heck. . here they are again laugh.gif

vasen_tarkempi.jpg

And here's the old photos from 1952 in Finland(with my grandpa, who is, by the way, 85 years old today):

1938sekaautovuonna1952_1.jpg

1938sekaautovuonna1952_2.jpg

So the BIG day(when I pick up the car) will be 21st May!

Oh yes, and the truck is 1938 Dodge "Crew Cab" body made in Finland.. The only '38 Dodge with this kind of body. This was the only one made!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The BIG day was yesterday!

I finally got it!

So:

1938dodge2.jpg

Here it is!

My grandfather is checking out his "old servant" as he said it.

1938dodge3.jpg

After 11 years.. I feel great! I'm so excited about this!

1938dodge.jpg

As you guys can see, there's some stuff that is missing like rear fenders, grille parts etc.

Dear Matt, I wish You know what I know about this car. Only couple of years it's life is little bit unknown..

The car has always been a "government" car in Finland. But has been a very important for me because it's been a part of our family...

Glad we got it back!

Guest my3buicks

Good for you!!! Having a family car or vehicle is of great satisfaction. I own a 67 Buick my Grandfather bought new, I bought it from him in 79 as my first car. Enjoy your link to your past!!!!!!

Guest Moepar

Oh man, that is better than cool! Body looks like it's in decent shape too! That is truely wonderful.

There's a back seat also. But only 1 front seat(I know you guessed that it's for the driver grin.gif ).

There used to be a stool (not bolted) in the passenger side but it's disappeared...

Check the Dodge brothers forum, I'll try to write there some more info, when I have enough time smile.gif

This car has never had any RUST!

Today, with a little oil check etc. I started the engine and drove it couple hundred meters in our shops yard.. !!!

You have to "drive it more" than Imperial from the sixties! Ok, next thing, put some wires on it and make the lights work. The car had brakes, I only had to use two feet to stop the car.. Yes.. No power brakes frown.gif

What do you guys think...

I've heard that R & R Fiberglass in Cleveland Tennessee

Tn. 423-476-2270

makes rear fenders for 1937-38 Dodge PickUps/Trucks.(don't know the price.. Anyone familiar with this company?)

I've found one NOS (driver's side) for 500 dollars and couple of dented/used/rusted(?) .

I think 500 dollars is very much.. (NOS don't mean perfect..)

And don't want rusted fenders...

Of course, metal is always metal... but need to get those fenders FAST.

Firberglass would be temporary solution.. Just to get the car on the road for this summer..

What do you guys think? What would be the wisest move.. I have a budget.. because I'm still a student..

Thanks!