Philadelphia Weather?

JanK

Any hints on what it's going to be like in Philadelphia later this week? Rain, snow, balmy weather? We need to figure out how many layers to pack. Last year we left the boots home, but brought the umbrella (and used it).<P>Also, does anyone know if the Dock Street Brewery is still open? Same question regarding Mace's Crossing. They're both about 2 blocks away from the conference hotel. Last year my husband was crushed to find that the Samual Adams Pub on Sansom Street had changed ownership. If anything similar has happened to Dock Street or Mace's Crossing, I'd like to find out beforehand so I can break it to him gently.<P>Jan K.

From what I have been hearing it is going to be warm.. in the high 50s...maybe even up to 60 this weekend. However, rain is predicted all weekend. Better take an umbrella for the walk to St. George's.. or anywhere else outside of the hotel.

You just missed it! Lots of snow that is. Another weather forecast that went astray by saying it would rain with a small chance of snow flurries after 1pm (this was on Monday). By 12:30 it was snowing so hard and sticking to the tune of a couple of inches. North of Philly got up to 15 + inches. Commute was up to 6 hours. School kids got home at 9:30pm in some areas. Several hours into the storm, with 4 or 5 inches on the ground, the radio forecaster were still saying chance of snow. I guess we know where their windows are/are not....<P>Anyway, now they say we are going the other direction. 48 on Wednesday, 58 on Thursday, 48 on Friday and about the same for Saturday. Rain probably for Friday and Saturday. Ok, do you trust this after our chance of snow???<P>No matter what I know we are going to have fun at the Franklin Plaza. And you won't get wet inside.....<P>Welcome to Philadelphia<P>Chuck

We've seen everything from snow to rain to sunny skies on our previous trips to the National conference. It doesn't stop us from getting to where we want to go. <P>Luckily, there's a lot to do right in the hotel -- thank heaven for hospitality rooms and incredible seminars, not to mention the trade show -- and plenty of nice people to talk cars with!<P>After December here in Wisconsin (49.5 inches of snow in one month), your measly bits of snow are nothing that could scare us away! smile.gif<P>Jan K.