Help with 1936 Buick Motor Mounts for Model 80C-Open Car

NTArrington

Can anyone tell me the difference with 36 Buick Motor Mounts for the 80C-(4 Dr. Convertible) Even Steele Rubber, who offers a revulcanizing service, omits the 80C style mounts. Older parts books omit the 80C. Has anyone modified another style of mount or know of a source for them. I am also trying to find instructions for folding the top bows back on this car. I am pretty sure it shares the same body and top mechanism as a 36 Cadillac. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again. Nick in VA.

I think I have the same car as you do--I can't help you with the motor mounts but I can help with the top fold down--you might e-mail me direct and let's see if I can help. Come to think of it I'm not so sure I want to post my address on line. Give me a call at (509) 525 5747 and we can get together by e-mail.

My car is a 1936 BUICK ROADMASTER PHAETON 80

1928 to 1941 Chassis Parts Book lists Gr. 0.013 "PAD, Engine Support" Part Number 1295821 as "1936 46C-66C-80C (Front,upper)" and uses 2 per car. This is contrasted with part number 1295255 listed as "1936 except 46C-66C-80C". By the way this latter part number is listed as also fitting 1934-35 40series (Front,upper) and 1937 all (Front,lower). This is Buick's wording - not mine. I'm not familiar with the 36 mounting system so I hope this description makes sense. I had my 1939 40series mounts redone with Steele and was very happy with the results. Regarding the top bows, the 1937-38 Fisher Body Service Book shows a picture of how to fold the 37 80series top. I believe the 36 and 37 80C was the same so maybe this might help. The 28 to 41 Body Parts Book shows, on page 68A, a picture of the 1936 top bow assembly. Both these books I cited are available in repro form from Crank'n Hope Publications in Pennsylvania. I bought mine years ago and they have been invaluable for working on the prewar Buicks I have owned.