We attened our first BCA event this weekend!

Guest 56BuickSuper

Guest imported_56BuickSuper

We went to the Buicks and Bluebonnets meet this weekend in Salado Texas. It was great. I did a summary of our trip and posted a lot of pictures on my web site. If your interested, follow the link below and click on "Our first BCA event, Buicks and Bluebonnets"

Great read on the Blue Bonnetts show. Reminded me of when we took our 56 Super to the Centenial meet. We were riding on brand new Vheel Vintiques 40 spoke wire wheels. Drove out over a day and a half period and then on Wednesday AM while washing the car I noticed one tire going flat. I figured I drive down to the gas station about a 1/4 mile away from the hotel. But the end was broken off the air hose and it was un useable.

Luckilly there was a tire store across the street from the Hotel. It turned out to be a leak by the spoke next to the valve. I found out later that the original installer cut the sealing bead of silicone because he didn't think the valve stem would seal. Anyway, the tire store put in a tube for me and balanced it and I was good to go. Before leaving I ordered three more tubes in case I needed another later on. Good thing too, two more went flat before getting home and I didn't wait for the last one. I had all three installed. Still have them today too.

What an experience!

What Dan didn't tell you on the page was that he was a great sport about having a flat tire. How would you like to change a tire with 35 fellow car owners watching your every move and kibitzing ?

He also had this great battery powered 1/2" drive impact gun that made removing the wheeel studs pretty quick work.

Thanks for coming and the article and all the pictures and we hope to see you again next year.