Exhaust manifold parts for the 320 straight 8 ?

Jyrki

I visited a museum in Finland the other day, and got to talk about a 1938 Special there that had been owned by the president of Finland of the time. It appeared that the car needs a new center section for the exhaust manifold. I know that Bob's offers a manifold for the small engine, but does anyone manufacture exhaust manifold parts for the 320 engine? They are in a hurry to get this car running, as it will be needed to shoot a documentary on Finnish presidents.

They also need a new transmission. I do have one left from my 1946 Roadie, but the 1938 is a floor shift. Anyone know if a column shift trans could be adapted into a floorshift car?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I haven't been on this site for ages, as our company was acquired by GE, and GE blocked access to many sites, including this one.

You can get a center section exhaust manifold for a 320 cu. in. straight eight frim Bob's. They have the front and rear sections also for 1937 to 1951. A 1938 Special should have the smaller (248 cu. in.) motor though. The 248 motor has a one piece exhaust manifold.

Woody Michel

You are right, Bob's got the parts. I know that Special should have the smaller engine, but this one doesn't! And the large engine looks like it was born there. I couldn't find an ID plate on the cowl, but it says Special on the dash. The part on the dash may have been changed.

Thanks!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news BUT Bobs can only supply the center section and the heat riser valve assy. They no longer have access to the front arm section and no one is reproducing it. The rear arm I believe is still being reproduced however delivery on them is quite slow from the manufacturer.

Bill