Sliding door window

padgett

My parts book shows the passenger side window (sliding window, not the stationary vent) as a part number 3529818 grp 10.681. GMPD does not list this part number. Since am going to be dealing with an insurance company and I can see there is some sort of channel attached, what do I need to do to make certain they quote/get the right window and what other parts are necessary when replacing (parts book lists a number of "when replacing glass also use a channel, guide, busing and retainer.

The one estimate I have so far shows a p/n 3525917 which is mentioned as "includes" in the parts book but I am not certain just what this is.

Any information on what is needed to replace my window would be appreciated (would like to see mandatory license suspension of anyone involved in an accident while talking on a cell phone).

The part number you are showing 3529818 grp 10.681.is correct. They are no longer available from GM and that is why GMPD isn't listing it. There is a plastic track that is riveted to the vent window frame and is probably not damaged. There is a plastic "T" that is bonded to the window and this "T" slides in the track to keep the window in place. All the other tracks are metal and the small wheels on the motor/regulator ride in these tracks and in a track attached to the bottom of the window. Replacing your window with a good one should be all you need to do.

I have a good blue door and the window available and am sending you an email.

I agree on the cell phones. I think there should be a law against driving while talking on a cell phone. A couple of years ago I damaged the front of my '65 GTO convertible because a woman was talking on her cell phone, not paying attention, and then hit her brakes. Her car had 4 wheel discs and my old small drum brakes weren't as effective. I was maybe following too close but the woman on the cell phone started the process.

Jim

Guest kennyw

pagg: would think that you would get the funds for the damage from the insurance company first. If you own a vehicle with no leans you can request the funds be given to you. Most do not go this route and have the check made out to the body shop making the estimate. You just have to show clear title to have the check made out to you. Then you can get the parts from what ever source you decide and have the person you want to fix the Reatta. You know that you can get better prices from the guys on this site for parts then the body shop can. This also works if the estimate is more than the car is worth. You cut a deal and include keeping the car. Usually they try for a salvage [sum] but if you tell them you still hurt from the crash they are more likely to setle your way.....

Really does not appear to have much damage (of course is like iceberg), if window had not shattered I would still be driving. Door appears to open and close normally.

Annoyance is more wait for an adjuster to appear (Geico does not apper to have claim centers, at least not within about 20 miles and someone has to come out). Can just park for a while, have spares, but is annoying.

BTW that engine is for the diesel SMART, not the gas engine. Have worked on a few diesel engines and they were the filthiest I ever saw.

Guest kennyw

padgg: know you have other cars but would think you would be able to get a loner and drive a new one for a few days....ken