5 Rolls Royces

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

As I was headed home from work yesterday about 4:15PM I saw 5 Rolls Royces, of probably 1920's vintage, going west on US 280 near McRae, GA. laugh.gif It was cool and raining. mad.gif The folks were bundled up pretty well in those open cars. Does anyone know who these folks might have been?

That was the tour that started from Amelia Island and was headed up toward . It was the reminents of the Millenium Tour that was started by a well-known Silver Ghost owner from Florida. It is not limited to Rolls-Royce. In fact, there was a 1911 Oldsmobile Autocrat on the tour, as well as a 1911 Locomobile, 1930 Duesenberg and a 1931 Nash.

I happened to call the cell phone of someone who is on this tour. Turns out that he could not hear me, but I could hear the sound of their old car (maybe a 1914 Locomobile) revving up as they went through the gears. The owner called me back later, and we had a good laugh over that -- he hadn't realized the phone was transmitting. The sound of what was clearly an antique engine almost made me forget that it's still winter, and not yet touring season. Of course, it's not that cold down here in Houston, Texas.