plastic retainer for sunvisor

Guest snowdrift

Guest snowdrift

I have a 90 coupe and a 90 convert. On my convert the plastic retainer that holds my one sunvisor is partially broke off. I checked with my local GM dealer and the parts guy said the number for the convert and coupe are the same only the one for the sunroof is different. Can someone comment please. Thank you! I do know that from the factory the one for the coupe and the one for the convert are different but when I look at the ones I got from him they are identical to the coupes but also look like they could be made to work on the convert only the sunvisor would be in a different position. I guess my question is, Did GM change to just one and discontinue the original one for the convert??

In the parts catalog it is easy for the parts man to get confused because of all the numbers. The visor clips for the convertible are definitely different from any of the coupes and all the visor clips for the coupes are the same regardless whether the car has a sunroof or not. The visor clips for the convertibles have been out of stock for some time and are virtually impossible to find. Recently there were two grey ones on Ebay and one sold for $ 56 and the other for $ 79.

I believe the coupe parts are still available. If anyone needs one or two, I have a couple of grey ones (new)

The last time I talked to Mike (reattadudes) they were in the process of reproducing the convertible visor clips. He hasn't posted recently, probably on the road.