New 1973 Electra

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

Just purchased a 25000 mile one owner 1973 Electra 4 door hardtop. Drove it home a little over 700 miles runs and drives like a dream. Got home and my dad fell in love so he now owns it. I paid $1600 for the car and so did he. He keeps asking me why so cheap and all I can say is these cars just dont bring a big price. Boy is this a nice cruiser he is thinking about driving it to BDE next spring and I may use it to drive on our tour to flint next summer, the a/c works great.

Guest Shaffer

Congratulations. Sounds like you found a nice one and at a great price. I got $1,800 for my 72 Electra in #3 condition this past February. I paid $1,500 for it, put 10,000 miles on it and did nothing to it and still made $300. Actually, you get a very, very good deal on it. Any other details on it? Color, options? Is it the Limited model? One of my favorites, is a white and blue 1973 4dr Electra Limited.

Over on the Olds board a guy's trying to sell the remains of a 1968 Ninety Eight four door that he describes as "mint interior and very nice outside, would be a great restoration".<P>This after the freak has robbed the car of its 455 and Turbo 400 to stick in a Cutlass.<P>Pardonez-vous mi Francais, but stuff like that burns the poopoo out of me. Some people think a big car, no matter how nice, is worthless except as an engine source for a lesser car. Then you have two worthless cars- one without a drivetrain, and another with an incorrect, often poorly installed, engine.<P>I quit fooling with Chevys because of that mess. I see that mentality is now seeping into the Olds/Buick camp, which traditionally had been immune from it.<P> mad.gif" border="0<BR>By the way- enjoy yer new luxury car. Sounds like a really nice acquisition, and one more big sedan saved from the butchers.<p>[ 07-28-2002: Message edited by: rocketraider ]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sintid58

Haven't been around for awhile no it is not a limited it has power seat, and windows, cruise control, A/C, am 8 track radio. It's not super well equipped but is very nice I would like to get an FM radio in it somehow as AM is getting worse all the time. And Joe it even has a hitch on the back to hook to. Dad was talking about taking it off but I told him to leave it in case we needed to rescue anyone. Actually I thought it may be handy to pull one of the grand kids floats in a parade sometime. Another note to all you BDE'ers out there it took me another two weeks to get over what ever was ailing me in Canada. Feel much better now, really felt bad while I was there still enjoyed the good company.