1940 zephyr

tazz

can anybody out there give me a idea what a complete zephyr with the v-12 in good shape is worth. i found one in a barn and was told to make a offer on it but i have no idea what they are worth thanks

It's very difficult to estimate a realistic value without knowing the body style. 3-window coupes, convertibles, and 5-window coupes are worth a lot more than 4-door sedans. If you can attach a picture of the car it would make it a lot easier to estimate a value. If you have several pictures, make several postings. Everybody likes to see pictures of a "barn-fresh" Lincoln Zephyr! Also important is the completeness of the car. Missing or rusty parts can be quite expensive to replace.

ill try to get pics but it is a 2 door with the v-12 and i believe it has the door windows and a back window other then that a windshield . it looks complete except for the carb and he says he has it. it was running a few years ago.

it look alot like this one without the fender skirts and its already taken apart and its black thanks

The one you posted pictures of is for sale on ebay at 22K, and it will not sell at that price -- too high. A fairly complete '37 3-window got up to 17K in bidding a month or so back, but the '37-'39 3-windows tend to sell for more than the 40-41 versions. The fact that your car is taken apart doesn't help either. Without seeing any pics, I'd *guess* low teens.

But before we can help you further, you need to check a couple things that will make a difference:

1. Are all the external trim pieces there (grill, body moldings, etc.)? What condition are they in?

2. What condition is the body in? Is there any rust? If so, where?

3. Are the internal pieces -- knobs, handles, seat trimming, etc., all there?

Tazz, Cecil is absolutely right, and just because it has an engine with it, does not mean it will not require thousands to get running right, and the floor under the carpet is particularly vulnerable to rust, and expensive to repair, so be wary, and some of us think that '40 and '41 Zephyrs and Continentals are the "fairest of them all", so good luck and keep us informed