56 BUICK special

smaltzie

My 56 buick is wearing the outer edges of the tires quickly. How do i fix this. Also when I get it up past 15 miles an hour and let go of the steering whell it would make a left turn. The faster the speed the better the left turn. And when it's raining. Watch out.

Second questin. The car is drop. Fat man spindles in front and shorter springs in the rear. Want to lift it up a bit and stffin the ride. Know that i could put spring supported shocks in rear or air shocks. What can i put or what has anyone put in the front. I currently has monroe matic on it. John, Mr Earl or nikajax are you out there?

Smaltzie, I can't help you with this one. My car is riding on stock suspension and I would not ever consider dropping it. So I have never studied anything about suspension modifications.

I would imagine the car needs an alignment though, and didn't your daughter hit a pothole or something that caused the oil pan to leak? Maybe she bent an A frame?

Guest imported_MrEarl

Smaltzie, sounds like your camber is out and bad. Either that or maybe you just need to slow down in curves.

I'd suggest calling around trying to find a front end alignment shop with someone that might know something about your Buick (more than likely someone over 50). Definitely take the Shop Manual with you when you carry it in. If they can't seem to get the camber correct you may have a bent steering knuckle, but that's unlikely.

Sorry I can't help you regarding raising the front end, other than to suggest that you go back with standard stuff. crazy.gif

yes she did and i have raised the it a little. Sit fine now. I was hoping that someone has messed with the front end a little on thier own. The shop manuel gives information. i plan on taking it to an alighnemnt shop. Waiting on irs. I also had the front mosified a little so the ty rods would clear the edge of the tire.

You may want to look for a shop that will check your frame too.

Indpependent collision on clay in Spring Branch will check that for you.

Junior who runs the place is a hot rodder and builds customs. Talk to him about your car.

You need to join our local chapter of the BCA. We have people who can help you with these type of questions. Look me up and give me a call, I am in the book. We have meetings every couple of months and we are a great group of people. I love the customs and hot rods and am building an earlier version myself.

I wouldn't count on my friend coming through. A two door would have been more incentive but this fellow is looking for something :

Radical

one of a kind

perfect

cheap

Basically a dreamer I fear. Sorry

I would love a 57 someday but for me it has to be a two door or convertible. I know 4 door cars are just as unique, but they don't generally excite me to purchase.

This summer I have to fix up and paint my 69 Electra 2 door. I will be losing my winter storage this year, and may have to store it outdoors next winter. It will definitely need paint on it for this. It's that or sell it, but alas, I posted it on the cars for sale forum and there was no interest.

JD

Jd