Seats in Reatta

Guest snowdrift

Guest C.F.Massie

I own a 1989 Reatta Red/Tan and I purchased a spare set of seats from a fellow site member and then got a 16-way switch pod (for right side) from Mike (reattadudes). It was from a Riviera, seems the Riviera had 16-way seats for both positions. I installed it and put the passenger seat in for my wife, who has a bad back and loves the lumbar support and thigh support. It works great and fits just like the drivers seat. Long trips for her are a lot more comfortable now. cool.gif

I have installed a 16-way passenger seat myself. It is not necessary to track down a Riviera seat as the frames are interchangeable left to right, said more plainly, you could take a drivers side seat and switch the pod from the left side of the seat to the right side. The seat frames from the Reatta and the Riviera are the same, the only differance being the padding and cover, which leaves you many options to achieve dual 16-ways. The only thing worth noting is that if you want a proper right-handed switchpod plate, you'll have to track it down from a Riviera, and it will take some searching to locate as it was a fairly rare option (but was standard on the 86-88 Riviera T-Type).

Guest C.F.Massie

I used the spare drivers seat I purchased and added the right-hand side control pod I received from reattadudes. Your absolutely correct the drivers seat can be swapped over to the passenger side no problem at all, just install the RH pod or if you can't find one use the LH POD, but the legend will be reversed. Or you can make a new legend faceplate, not very difficult since they don't illuminate. wink.gif

Roger where on LawnGuyLind (Long Island) are you from? I was born and raised in Flushing at 42-43 147th Street, went to P.S. 22.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Roger where on LawnGuyLind (Long Island) are you from? </div></div>

Raised in North Merrick, then Woodbury, lived in Syosset, Huntington Station, Northport. Lived "temporarily" in Manhattan Beach, Brooklyn for the past 16 years (it was a rent-control thing) and finally bought a house (with a garage grin.gifgrin.gif) in Glen Cove and moved the last of my stuff in just last night.

• 1 month later...
Guest C.F.Massie

Hey birds2,

Go to see another New Yorker with taste by owning a Reatta. Still trying to get back to Flushing to see some old friends before everyone dies off. smile.gif

C.F.Massie

Guest F14CRAZY

I miss my Reatta. Been two weeks at Swift. I was driving my dad's a little bit until the accumulator died (ordered from gmpartsdirect). The drop top's seats seem to have a little more back support, even though they're both NOT 16 ways.