Valve Cover Plug

Does anyone know how to find a rubber valve cover plug (similar to a PCV grommet, but solid) for a 64 Wilcat 401 engine? Or does anyone know how to find something that will work?

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

How about a rubber bottle stoper, similar to a cork, that is sometimes sold in hardware stores.<P>Scott Mich

Chevrolet has used some push in rubber plugs instead of screw in caps for their oil "add" holes in valve covers. Seems like the first ones were in the early '70s on the small blocks and they have been updated (in graphics and such) over the years. I don't know if that will match the hole diameter you need for your Buick motor though. <P>Seems like the more current applications would be the G-vans which need an extension from the valve cover to the front of the engine so you can add oil with the hood up.<P>The rubber stopper deal sounds interesting, but there might be different rubber compounds that would react differently with engine heat and exposure to engine oil.<P>Just some thoughts . . .<BR>NTX5467

Guest John Chapman

Chris,<P>This is reaching way back in my trivia files... but I seem to remember that a suitable replacement for the grommet and plug you're looking for could be found at the Dodge dealership. If (big IF) I recall correctly it was used on a '90s Dodge truck engine and cost a couple of bucks.<P>JMC