95 limited sta.wagon / impala ss

hello - i am wondering what specifically the difference is between a roadmaster LT-1 and a impala ss LT-1. for example , are the heads different ?<BR>thank you

Correct, there is NO difference in the 5.7L LT1 enigne that came in the Roadmaster, Cadillac, or Chevrolet Impala SS. Same camshaft, same heads, same compression ratio, same dual exhuast, same horsepower.<P>The main difference was in the chassis components, as the Roadmaster did not have rear disc brakes. Also, what gave the Impala SS it's higher top speed was the lack of a top speed fuel shutoff in the computer plus the fact that torque converter would also stay locked up at WOT (just as Corvettes and Z28s did, as they also had speed V or higher speed rated tires).<BR>If you notice how the left hand exhaust lead pipe is shaped coming from the left hand exhaust manifold, that particular LT1 engine application now uses a PF52 oil filter instead of the "normal" PF35 or PF 1218 AC oil filter. To accomplish this deal, there is an alloy mounting "plug" that goes into the block as the earlier filter mounting "adapter" did, except it rotates the filter toward the side of the engine block for greater exhaust pipe clearance and is configured for the smaller diameter PF52 filter. This neat little item could well come in handy in street rod applications of any Chevy small block engine. If vertical clearance is also an issue, the shorter PF47 could be substituted for the PF52.<P>All of the chassis sway bars and springs would bolt right into a Roadmaster and Cadillac as they do on the Impala SS--sedan models only. Same with the rear disc brake setup.<P>The performance chassis setup on the Roadmaster was the "trailer package". Same components as the upgrade suspension on the regular Caprice, but not the same items as the SS had.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467

I don't think a rear anti-sway bar from the Impala SS sedan or any B-body sedan will fit on the wagons. Its probably due to the position of the gas tank. I've checked. I have a theory that a police package swaybar or a Cadillac limo swaybar may work, but I haven't checked it out.

Here'e a combo that works from personal aplication.........'79 Cadillac Fleetwood rear sway bar is a direct bolt-on to the '84 Olds Custom Cruiser wagon......lower control arms already have existing holes for attachment. Henry

heh. I wish I knew that when I had my 86 Custom Cruiser. Now, on my 94 Caprice LT1 wagon, I don't know if that would work.