'72 buick electra at auction

Greg Sealock

If there is anyone in the northeast Nebraska area, Northwest Iowa, Southeast South Dakota Area (or willing to drive) I just heard of a 1972 Buick Electra, apparently gorgeous, with just over 6,000 original miles, original condition, that will sell at auction on Sunday, January 30, 2005 at an estate sale near Howells, NE. The auction company is Stock Realty and Auction, I know they have a web site, but I haven't had time to look for the address. I just want to see it go to someone that will appreciate it!

Guest Shaffer

Thanks for posting that. It is a very nice car and it is indeed a Limited 4dr hardtop in the what I think is beautiful dark green. Here are a few direct links to the car.

http://www.stockauctionco.com/images/Coufal%2072%20Buick.JPG

http://www.stockauctionco.com/images/Coufal%2072%20Buick%20Interior%201.jpg

http://www.stockauctionco.com/images/Coufal%2072%20Buick%20Interior%202.jpg

http://www.stockauctionco.com/images/Coufal%2072%20Buick%202.jpg

I must warn you- the site seems to have a glitch. It has stopped working on me a few times.

Another interesting note- (you know me and noticing options), I may be wrong, but it looks like it does not have cruise control, as well as tilt wheel. As far as the exterior goes, it also lacks cornering lights, light monitors, bumper guards- which is not that unusual. I do see speed alert & A/C however, as well as bumper strips, side protective mouldings and vinyl top.

I wonder how unusual it was for a Limited to lack tilt *and* cruise? wink.gif

A nice to say the least! Hopefully it will go to a good home!

Guest Shaffer

This might be better than the links I posted:

1972 Electra 225 Limited - FRONT

REAR:

Instrument panel

front seat

Engine

I would expect a bit cleaner engine bay for a car with miles this low, but it may be normal.... confused.gif The oil cap appears to be a bit too scuffed, as well as a few other "signs" that suggest it may have higher mileage, but maybe it is just how it weathered.

After looking at the engine compartment- I am 100% that it does not have cruise. It is also missing the "AIR" pump, which is something else I would not expect on a car with a little over 6K miles, unless it had "froze" up from setting or something. confused.gif

Guest my3buicks

it appears that if the surrounding around the car are where the car spent it's life then it was probably a farm or country car. Chances are it sat in a shed or outbuilding rather than a nice tight garage all it's life. Probably ran gravel driveways and possibly even roads. Low mileage doesn't always equal pristine original. It appears the car is nice, but it also appears it would need a major detail. Kewl to see such low mileage cars though.

Guest Shaffer

I agree and it is very possible that it may be like that from the reasons you say. A number of factors could be the cause of this. The scraped oil cap and missing AIR pump were my biggest confusions. Still a very nice car to say the least. I also agree with you- I think it is neat to see cars this old, with such low mileage. I really like the 74' Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight with 6K actual miles on E-bay a while back. It was pristine.

Guest Shaffer

Wow. I would imagine that is very rare. Do you have any photos of this car?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 1973 Limited and it lacks bumper guards, oornering lights, monitors, tilt, cruise, power seats, and power locks. </div></div>

Guest sintid58

I only live 160 miles from this car but flew in Friday night and leave Sunday at 6 so dont have time to go and look. We have 3-4 inches of new snow on the ground this morning also so the roads may not be too good Sunday morning. Back roads in this area don't get plowed on weekends very quickly. As far as the air pump it's probably hanging on the shop wall in this guys shop, right beside the side cutters he used to disconnect the alarms the day he brought it home from the dealer new. Almost everyone in this part of the country pulled off the air pump on their new cars and plugged the holes on the manifolds. There are thousands of cars around here that haven't had catalytic convertors since day one because when they first put on cat's the owners took them to a muffler shop and had them removed. When they made if ileagal for a shop to remove them NAPA couldn't keep test tubes for new cars in stock because all the old farmers were pulling cat's off and bolting in test tubes. As far as the oil cap the farmer that had the car probably lost one off of his farm truck or his pickup during spring or fall rush and just took it off the Buick sticking a rag in the hole of the car. Then later found the one off the truck and put it on the car. One thing for sure he probably did all his own oil changes and he surely didn't stand around on main street with the hood open showing off the engine to the neighbors.

Guest Shaffer

Of course- why didn't I think of that before?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As far as the air pump it's probably hanging on the shop wall in this guys shop, right beside the side cutters he used to disconnect the alarms the day he brought it home from the dealer new.

As far as the oil cap the farmer that had the car probably lost one off of his farm truck or his pickup during spring or fall rush and just took it off the Buick sticking a rag in the hole of the car. Then later found the one off the truck and put it on the car. One thing for sure he probably did all his own oil changes and he surely didn't stand around on main street with the hood open showing off the engine to the neighbors. </div></div>

Guest Shaffer

I agree with Brian- this is a very nice automobile! I would also be interested in seeing interior photos of your Electra. I have seen very few 73 Electras without bumper guards and have never before viewed a 73 Electra Limited without them. I also have never saw a 73 Electra Limited, optioned as low as your car. It is a very interesting and beautiful car!

Your car reminds me very much of this 1973 Electra ad (see attachment)