Your ideal car?!?

<A HREF="http://cartalk.cars.com/Tools/survey.pl" TARGET=_blank>http://cartalk.cars.com/Tools/survey.pl</A> <P>Tell this survey what kind of car you drive and then answer some personality questions. It will compare your personality to the personalities of other people who own the same car as you. <BR> I got a good laugh out of it. I scored a 10 out of 10 on "cheapness" therefore my ideal car is a Dodge Colt Vista. <BR>They are right that i'm cheap, sometimes i skip meals so i can put gas in my tank. I got to cut corners somewhere.

I think Tom did the Car-O-Scope instead of the supplied survey.. I did both and the survey was just that, a silly long survey. The 'Scope was short and simple, tho I wonder what they do with the 24hrs? Hmmmmmmm<P>Scott

Guest Shaffer

I used to visit that often, to see what it said about the different cars I had. It always replied that I would be happier with a Buick Roadmaster. Also suggested Cutlass Supreme, Camaro and Buick Estate Wagon would be the best cars for me. It may say the same thing for everyone. I put in my 95 Chrysler Concorde and it said that the typical owners are more willing to take risks than I am and I was a little too young to be driving that type automobile. However, it did say I picked a car that was right for me. I think some of the results are funny. Would be interesting to know if it gives everyone the same results in terms of what car they should have. I have seen it says I have picked a car not right for me. I think it said that about my old Electra. rolleyes.gif" border="0 LOL grin.gif" border="0

The survey stated that I should drive a Riviera and that I was a Cheapskate.I find it hard to put the two together,as a Riv is not a cheap car!<P>Actually they said I was FRUGAL, but they both mean essentially the same thing<p>[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: The Old Guy ]

Mine came back with mixed truths... It said I should drive a Buick Roadmaster... Hmm, maybe for a 4th car? It also suggestion a Olds Cutlass, Buick Estate Wagon, Chevy Camaro and a Pontiac Firebird. I'll keep myh Skylark thank you.. Tho the old Roadmasters are quite nice.. :-)<P>Scott

Mine listed 2 Mercedes modles (as I was a snob) and a Buick Estate Wagon and another 2 forgetable cars. I want to know how they knew about my wagon !<BR>It also said that I shouldn't be driving my Pickup truck. Obviously they're not from Texas.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It also said that I shouldn't be driving my Pickup truck. Obviously they're not from Texas.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0<P>The whole 4yrs I lived in TX, not a minute went by while driving that I didn't see a pickup truck.. grin.gif" border="0 <P><BR>I'd like to know who made them the supreme source for telling you 'who' you are and 'what' you should drive....<P>Scott<BR>(the one thing i hated most about tx, the weather)

Well Guys, I drive an Astro Van which is just right for me "however" a better car"<BR>would be a Chrysler Fifth Avenue, #1, Buick<BR>Estate Wagon #2, Another Chrysler #3, a<BR>Buick Roadmaster #4, and a Ford EXP #5.<BR>I live inpoverty because all the other<BR>Astro Van owners make twice as much money<BR>as Me(I). I am also a "cheapskate"<BR>....I love it!!!!!! Loren(Although I wouldn't own a Chrysler product dated any<BR>later than 1976).....

Looks like a lot of cheapskates drive old cars. <P>I wonder if we had been born rich if we would be into the same kind of cars. I like classic Buicks because they are classy cars that can be had on a poor mans budget.<P>Sounds like you guys got a lot better car recommendations. My top two were Dodge Colt Vista and BMW 525.

I think we're cheapskates and poor 'because' we drive old cars.. lol.. They can never be finished and can be a bottomless moneypit if you let them.. Or so I'm told.. wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0<P>Scott

I'd like to say "Identify Yourself" Mr. Unregistered User..<P>And I'd like to agree with Joe, it's damn tough to find a "good" car built anywhere, let alone the US. Even if you could find a 'nice' car built here, odds are it wouldn't be built that great and the reliability would be worrysome. I'm not trying to diss Made in US products, but if you look at the entire gammot of things, is it really always the best quality.?. I dunno about others, but when I buy something thats costly, I'd like it to last awhile instead of having to play the cooperate game of buying new every other year because it breaks so much you get tired of it and would rather throw it away then piddle with it anymore.<P>I'd rather drive "old iron" then anything, and proved it again to myself yesterday when I was offered a late 90's Jaguar for my 30yr old boat..<P>ACDelco parts aren't even all "Made in US" anymore.. Heck, sometimes they don't say where they come from... <P>I'll stop and step down now..<P>Scott