1955 Cadillac Radio -CONV

tompett

The reason could be that the convertible radio only has a speaker behind the dash, while the closed cars also had a speaker on the rear package shelf. So maybe the convertible radio doesn't have an outlet on it for a second speaker to plug into. This is just an educated guess. By the way, I see you're from Norway. We had a red 1955 Caddy convertible that we sold through a dealer back in 2000 and it ended up going to a dealer in Norway or Finland. Is your car red with a red & white interior and needing to be restored? Ours also had Eldorado door trim on it.

Thanks for the answer. The missing rear speaker in the convertible would be my guess too, but I can't see any extra speaker outlets looking at a std radio compared to my convertible radio. Same knobs too. The radio for the convertible has an extra hole in the casing, in front (three, instead of two)just under the chrome facing.

This Cadillac is an Eldo, came from Texas in 1985. I have seen a red series 62 conv here in Norway, with the original trim only. I have not seen many of the cars from Finland.