COMMON SCAM: If you receive a private message from a new member offering a part, make sure to thoroughly verify it. It’s your responsibility to ensure it’s not a scam. Report any suspicious users immediately. ×

Cold W-Cat in NY - need resitor for blower motor

65_wcat

Need help!

I finally replaced the heater core on my '65 Wildcat two weeks ago. All was fine until the blower motor stopped working.

I pulled the car out today and opened the hood. Luckily I did. I had the heat on high. When I opened the hood, I noticed a thin wisp of smoke coming from the electical connector at the resistor. I turned everything off, however, not before the top of the connector melted! At least I noticed this before a fire erupted.

Anyhow, after about an hour of testing, it seems that the blower will work if I jump any of the wires from the connector diretly to the blower. Is it safe to say my resistor gave out??

If so, does anyone know where I can find another one???? I need the resistor for non-a/c cars. Also, does any one make new wiring harnesses for these cars??

Thanks.

Greg

BCA# 38869

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ted. Replacing the trim made a big difference. I hope one day it looks as good as your red '65. That one is absolutely gorgeous. After showing her the photo of your car, even my wife is the one pushing me to keep going on our project!!!! How's that for a switch!