All Buick Open Car Show Puyallup, WA

ol' yeller

June 22nd<BR>115 2nd Ave SE, Puyallup, WA<BR>Sponsored by Puget Sound Chapter Of the BCA<BR>Parking opens at 8:00AM<BR>Show from 10AM-5PM<BR>Preregistration $8 BCA members, $10 Non Memeber<BR>Day of show $12<BR>Email-powersfam@qwest.net<BR>This is the Premire Northwest Buick Event, last year we had 148 paid entrys. Come on down and show your Buick!

Greg, there will be a group of us attending from the North Cascade Chapter. For anyone who wants to caravan down together from the Seattle/Bellevue areas, we will be gathering at 8:00 AM at the park and ride lot at Exit 12 on Interstate 405 in Bellevue. This is the SE 8th exit near Greenbaum's Home Furnishings in Bellevue.<P>Feel free to e-mail me at laurance@integrity.com if you have any questions.

Hey guys-I thought I saw an ad running for this recently that said it was limited to early vintage Buicks (pre war?) Is this correct, or have I been working on my Sport wagon with the garage door closed too long?

Greg H,<P>You've definitely been in the garage far too long. We'd all love to see that Sportwagon.<P>The show always has a good mix of pre-war and post-war cars, including many Skylark, GS, Riviera, Grand National and Reatta cars from the post-war era.<P>Hope you will be there. If you're in to Buicks in the Northwest, this is the place to be!

I think I would be endangering the lives of my fellow Buick owners if I was to unleash the "rainwagon" onto I-5 in its present state. But I will attend-Sounds like the fresh air might do me good

I wish I could come in my new 63 Riv, but there is no way I will have it on the road by then. <P>Question for "Ol Yeller". Do you drive the yellow 65 Skylark with the blue front clip that I have seen at a car show in Port Townsend?<P>Michael in Quilcene (Olympic Peninsula)

Hi Greg, I sent you an e-mail requesting pre-entry info. <BR>That show grows every year ! With the Buick dealer moved to new digs it would seem there will be ample room for all.

Highway 101, No, Ol' Yeller was a rustbucket 2 door hardtop, with a green front fender from Bremerton when I first acquired it. It won Most Ambitious Project 3 years ago at the All Buick Open. I undertook an "almost" frame off restoration 2 years ago and last year it won Best In Class. It doesn't pay (as my club found out) to mess with someone who is part Irish and part Dutch. First I get mad and then I get stubborn! HA! Anyway, I know the car you are referencing and it belongs to a good friend of mine, Mike Mullay. For some odd reason we call his car Ol' Bluenose. He drives the wheels off that old, 1964, 4 door every day and takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. Mike happens to be the Director of our local chapter of the BCA. He also has a beautiful 1956 4 door hardtop that his wife bought him for Christmas one year. Please, anyone who is into Buicks and can make the drive, this is the show to come to. It is the Premire Northwest Buick Event!

One more point, It is held in the same location as last year, at the old location of the Buick dealer. Not the new location. We will have more room as we aren't competing with the dealer for space. Also cars of every vintage are welcome from 1903-2003. The only requirement is that it must be a Buick. Last year we had an entry from Lewiston Idaho, a 1918 model B37 Touring car that he drove from Lewiston! Everyone is welcome and there is no charge if you just want to come and look.