Buick Centennial

24T42

Buick is indeed planning a big centennial celebration in Flint, Michigan during July, 2003. Go to the Buick Club's homepage at <A HREF="http://www.buickclub.org" TARGET=_blank>www.buickclub.org</A> and look in the center of the screen for information on the Buick Centennial. Some of those who are helping organize this event are regular contributors to this forum, so I'm sure they will have more to add. Caravan plans are in the works from several areas of the country, including Boston, Seattle, and Sacramento. Check some of the recent topics on this forum for items related to the Centennial.

The 100th Birthday of Buick will be celebrated in Flint MI from July 23-27 2003. The plans are already in motion,and there are already over 800 hotel rooms booked for the party. the registration forms will be available in July at the BCA national in Kokomo,and rooms can be gotten by contacting The Flint Tourist Center. <BR>Phone: 888-230-2587<BR>E-mail: ssproul@flint.org<p>[ 05-25-2002: Message edited by: The Old Guy ]

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for your answers. I am the editor for the Brass-Nickel Touring Region AACA newsletter and have been trying to get together some info about the various centennial celebrations being held next year for the newsletter. <P>I have reading up on my Buick history and I have a dumb question. If Buick was incorporated on May 19,1903 and ground was broken for the first Buick engine plant on September 11, 1903, why is the celebration being planned for July - splitting the difference? <P>I guess I need to do more research into Buick particularly since my husband and I own a 1912 Buick Model 35, which is awaiting restoration. Thanks again.

When you plan a meet the scope of this one, you try to accomodate as many people as possible. Most of our Buick meets have been in July and the membership has come to expect the National meet to be in the same time frame ,so they plan on it. There are also many members that have school age children, and this will allow them the oppurtunity to join us for what will undoubtedly be the biggest Buick bash ever. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0<P>Joe Taubitz<BR> BCA1308<BR> BDE001<p>[ 06-05-2002: Message edited by: The Old Guy ]