North Georgia Junkyard

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

Nope, no Caballeros. I asked specifically if there were ANY 50s Buick wagons and there weren't. I was hoping there may be a Cab and then the average prices he was asking wouldn't have been bad for a real Cab.

Lamar,

Thanks for looking. I am going to Charleston for a wedding in April and also hoping to visit some friends in Huntsville and central NC, including looking at some cars there, but I would love to have the time to visit this yard. The photos were great, and maybe that would be worth a Bugle article sometime.

There were a couple of guys in New England who used to paint (artists)old junkers found in the countryside. The Buicks always looked great even in that condition, and to me the photos also are good.

John

Guest imported_MrEarl

John there's a lot of good salvageable chrome there. In fact there was a 56 airplane hood emblem that if I could have gotten it off and stuffed in my pants I would have. Perfect and an early one with the real screen. If he would just come off those prices about half.....

Here (hopefully) is a link to my webshots album with a few more photos.

rust ner sleeps

Speaking of the 1956 Hood Scoop (airplane) with the early "real screen", do I understand correctly that Buick changed from using the screen (which passed air through to the engine compartment) to the "painted" screen because of too much foreign debris, bugs, etc getting into the air silencer intake? I can't remember where I read this, but someone debated me one time on it and I didn't have my facts in front of me (ie, service bulletin or whatever). Either way, I've seen both the screen type and the painted screen (faux screen) type.

Budd