Riv ragtop question HELP!!

Are there any chronic problems or problem areas with the 83 Riv ragtops. I've got one in my sights and would appreciate any insights.

I have an 82 Riv Conv. and have had no problems with it or heard anyone else having problems. I've owned mine since 1994 and my only complaint is that you have to change the slogan to "going with class" because they are not very fast.

I also have an '82 Riviera convertible. The car had as a standard engine an anemic 4.1 litre v-6. That should be avoided. Most cars had the optional Oldsmobile 307 v-8. That is still not enough power, but it is better than the v-6. I have had no mechanical problems - just maintenance and replacement of burned out light bulbs. The Riviera convertible is a better car than the similar Eldorado convertible of '84/'85 and it was also produced in fewer numbers but it does not sell for as much. I suggest you check out the Riviera Owners Association - on the web at "www.rivowners.org". Join the ROA for an excellent publication "The Riview".

Guest Buicklover

I purchased my '83 Riv convertible from the original owner about 2 yrs.ago........<BR>I bought just before Hurricane Floyd hit the Carolinas. <BR>I've put about 11,000 miles on it. The car now has 61K, still looks good & runs good too.<BR>It is a real fun car to drive, but I wish the Olds 307 V8 had alittle more twist.<BR>If the car is priced right, & has not been trashed, I would recommend buying it.<BR>I've not been disappointed with mine. It's a keeper.......!! wink.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

I bought an 83 last year and just had it painted. It is firemist red only problem I am having is a noise in the front end and had to have the carb rebuilt. Great Car my is a rag top also. wink.gif" border="0