What other models compatible with a Buick Super series 51 fender

Puka

Hey guys--

I'm replacing my right front fender on my 51 Buick Super sedan, series 51. And got a couple of questions for you:

1) Are there other models (and maybe even other years) (in addition to my particular year/model) that I should be on the look at for that has the same sized fender? Any other years or models work?

2) Is there a print guide that cross-references all parts that are exchangable/compatible among different years and models?

3) Is a "fender" and a "fender skirt" the same thing? Some guys at junk yards I've talked to seem to use the either word to mean the same type of part, but I thought they were different parts?

Thanks for your help!

P.

There's a big difference between a fender and a fender skirt. The skirt is only on some rear fenders. It is a separate piece that partially or completely covers the wheel opening, and attaches to the fender.

I believe front fenders for a '51 and '52 Special would also interchange with a '51 and '52 Super. Where I got into trouble once was on the rear fenders. There are two different length rear fenders for the '51 and '52 Super 4-door sedans, depending on whether it is a "Riviera Sedan" with the longer wheelbase, or just a plain 4-dr. sedan. I found this out the hard way.

Pete Phillips

BCA #7338