55 Roadmaster door trim removal

Guest 55cruisen

Guest 55cruisen

I am starting the body work on my 55 Roadmaster 4-door. I have most of the trim removed, except for the chrome/stainless trim that is near the top of the doors (where the window meets the window frame). How do I remove it? I can not find any screws/nuts/clips.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Darn good question!! I got to that point in removing that same trim on a 4 door Super parts car and gave up before I hurt it. I have a good bit of trim if you need some.

This is from a Fisher body book: The molding is secured to the door with screws at the window reveal and door hemming flange. To remove reveal molding, remove garnish molding and upper section of glass run channel: then remove attaching screws and carefully lower molding and remove from door. To install, reverse removal procedure.

I have never worked on the large 50-70 series so I cannot comment on this further.

Willie

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this the 4 door Riviera ( ie: Hardtop) or the Sedan?

JohnD </div></div>

Sounds like cruisen55 and I both have the sedan, (mines a Super)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> To remove reveal molding, remove garnish molding and upper section of glass run channel: then remove attaching screws and carefully lower molding and remove from door. To install, reverse removal procedure. </div></div>

Sounds simple to me... <span style="font-style: italic">Yea!!! Right!!!</span>

Sorry, the Fisher body manual has ton of pictures but none for this...only the description. Talk to someone that has done this before like: Ken Reeves at

wheatbelt Antique Auto

Rt. 2, Box 178

Carrier, OK 73727

Phone: 580-855-2449

Fax : 580-855-2476

You probably need to buy sonething from him anyway.

Willie

Guest 55cruisen

Well, I took a chance and followed the only tip that I got and IT WORKED! The trim is extremely easy to remove. The Fisher manual was correct. The trim came off very easily and I encountered no problems. The trim that continues under the rear window is also easily removed from inside the trunk. Thanks for the help and if anyone needs more specific info, let me know. The car looks pretty cool without the trim, maybe I will keep it that way. (Oops, hope I didn't offend anyone with considering not keeping the car completly original) smile.gif