Body to Chassis bushings

Moin

My mechanic has told me that the bushings between the body and chassis of my '63 Olds 98 need to be replaced. By what he showed me, they are round donut shaped metal and rubber bushes and about 4 to 5 fit on each side between the body and chassis. I contacted fusick and usapartssupply, but none of them have these bushes. Can anyone tell me where I could find these and approximately how much would a set of them cost? Would anyone dealing in Chevy or other GM parts have them? Thanks.

Body mount bushings. You may not be able to find the exact part for your car, but I don't think it would be too hard to find a workable substitute. Body shops usually have good sources for that kind of part. If you can bring them one as an example, they may be able to find one that will work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Ok, I managed to find the Body Mounts from USA Parts Supply. They were about $6.50 each and I purchased about 14 of them but my mechanic says they're not as thick as the originals and is reluctant to install them. Now what?

• 2 weeks later...