Switch Pitch switch

I'm about to replace my manifold on the 66 401 with a manifold from a 66 425. The car is a 1966 Electra 225.<P>What function does the switch pitch switch perform (exactly) and how should it be adjusted? What are things/traps to look out for? I want to set this switch up correctly as it seems to be working ok at the moment.<P>Bill

The switch has three positions. off , half way switches the convertor,and all the way in is the tranny down shift. You can use a continuity meter to see where the different conacts are made ,and tailor the shifts to your driving style. Just make sure you don't use up all the travel or you will either not return to idle or not get wide open throttle.<p>[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: The Old Guy ]

Thanks.<P>So when people install these switches inside their cars, they not only can manually switch pitch but they can also cause a downshift just by activating the switch?<P>Are there any articles on the net that go into this any further?<P>Bill

When a switch is installed inside the car, it is usually for the switch pitch only. There are 2 separate circuits from your throttle switch, the switch pitch, which includes the microswitch, and the 3rd to 2nd kickdown. The latter only works at Wide Open Throttle, the switch pitch activates at idle via the microswitch and at 48% throttle to WOT.<BR>The switch inside the car would enable you to keep the pitch switched from 0% to WOT. <P>I would like to turn it off at WOT after initial acceleration for using the low stall <BR>for either full throttle high speed runs or at the dragstrip. Factory set up is great for everyday driving! It is a unique feature to our cars, and is great fun for me to think about. Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

Thanks all.<P>I now have a functioning switch inside the car and the factory throttle linkage switch works as well. I may have the 'swing' of the throttle too high as the high side on the converter switches in on mild acceleration instead of heavy acceleration but I can live with that and it's probably increasing my fuel economy as I don't have to depress the throttle as much to speed up a little bit.<P>And you're right...it is fun.<P>Bill