Straight eight Camshaft

I am looking for a performance cam for the 320ci straight eight in my 1950 Roadmaster. I have read in some old maggazine articles that Isky made one but can't find them today. I would be OK with a regrinde also. I just need a little more flow I am running Dual carbs and exaust.

The stock cam can be reground--before I found my Isky on Ebay (don't ask how much it cost!), I contacted Howard cams to see about having it done. They did a lot of 320 Buicks in the 50s, and said they could regrind my stock camshaft, even today.

You could also shave the head about .125" for more compression, port it while you're at it (careful not to cut into the water jackets!). On my '41 Century, I'm planning on also Extrude-Honing the intake and exhaust manifolds to improve flow, rejetting the stock Strombergs, and using larger big block Chevy exhaust valves. This will all be hidden inside, so it should be a good runner without giving anything away at the concours...

This should at least point you in the right direction. You may also want to check out <span style="font-style: italic">California Bill's Chevrolet, GMC & Buick Speed Manual</span> which I believe you can still get at www.Amazon.com.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out!

Sorry to get off-subject here,

Matt, in your Oct 17 journal entry, you said this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm going to try to have the car ready for judging at the 2006 BCA Nationals in New England </div></div>

Isn't 2006 in Minnesota?? 2005 is in Batavia, NY...