Where do it find pin srtiping?

Guest Havron The Great

Guest imported_Havron The Great

I have to repaint my 90 convertable after aquering a few body parts. But now I need to find black stripes.. Were?

your body shop probably has someone who can duplicate the hand-painted stripes that your Reatta originally had.

if they can't help you, try a high-line dealer (Cadillac, Lexus, Mercedes) and find out who does the striping for them. you can many times meet the striper at the dealer, and they can do it for you there. most hand stripers charge $100-$140.

Mike

You can use striping tape found at most auto body supply shops. You may have to go to Brainerd but when you are done you will have an incorrect stripe as the originals were painted on the body.

I have replaced stripes on several cars. A couple of times I took the car to a local sign painter and after watching him I decided to do it myself. I also have one of those wheel stripers made by Buegler and it would probably work good but I am NOT an artist and cannot paint two straight lines.

I watched the sign painter and he took striping (masking) tape and taped off the stripes he wanted to add to the car. Using a small brush, and using enamel, he painted between the tapes and when he pulled off the tape it was perfect. Black would be the easiest because black is black so there will be no color matching problems. Just before you apply the paint you do want to press the edges of the masking tape down hard so when you pull the tape off the edges will be crisp and not fuzzy or jagged. Also before applying the tape and paint you will want to use some good wax and grease remover so the paint will stick. I have since used this method successfully several times.

P.S. I have good photo cells available at a reasonable price.

my buddies brother does basic car stuff that a lot of kids like including flames in window tinting etc. he has a magnetic strip with a grove in it and a paint pen with an extra notch in it that rides the grove allowing you to make a single line about as long as you want, its got some give to it and conforms to curves very well. i dunno maybe this could helpl you somehow but i bet it would be cheeper to have someone else do it than to buy all the pens paints brushes and stuff