90 Reatta Pass side window slow

Guest Havron The Great

Guest imported_Havron The Great

Ok, I replaced the motor. Lubed the rails, and the boggeys. Still just as slow. And now that it is colder out, I find that it somtimes kicks off some sort of breaker that comes back on after you let go of the button for a bit. What do you think the problem is? Has anyone had this problem?

It could still be binding or it could be your window switch. One way you can test to see if it is binding is disconnect the connector on the end of the motor and apply a good strong battery and ground to the two terminals on the end of the motor. One way it will go up and reversing the battery and ground will make the window go down. If it is slow this way you still have a binding problem. You may want to cut the two wires, apply the battery and ground to the wires going to the motor and after you are done splice them back together again. If the speed is correct you probably have a bad switch.

I do have some good ones at a reasonable price.

GM windows are notoriously slow. If really bad possibly the window is misaligned in the track or there is no lubricant. With motor and regulator out the glass should slide up and down easily (do no let drop below dewwipe).

Thought only GM motors had the circuit breakers, I always use aftermarket when replacing.