'90 convertible: bought it to save it; anyone interested?

ALF1

The '90 ragtop to which I referred in an earlier post {"'90 Convertible: $2995"} was destined for Mexico, so I bought it just to save it for someone who wants a good, original, restorable convertible at what I consider to be a rock-bottom price.

It will be delivered from San Diego next week, and then I'll have an opportunity to really look it over and post findings of a comprehensive exam. Until then, here's the story: original white paint and mouldings, gold striping, tan top and a <span style="font-style: italic">gray</span> interior. Bad valve but runs, ABS light on, seats pretty much trashed. No 16-way or CD. Looks like a two-owner car, with no bodywork or repaints. Good wheels/caps and brand new tires. Sold new and spent its life in California, so no rust or rot. Paperwork found in trunk goes back to warranty work at Buick dealership near San Francisco. Portfolio has original brass nameplate, with buyer's name engraved, on the cover. Top is ratty around the edges but rear window is tightly bonded. Original floormats. With 126K miles, the car obviously has been well used, but not banged around. One small dent at left rear wheelwell, but rest of body looks factory-straight. With time constraints, I only had time to check the radio (OK, including power antenna) and tonneau operation (OK). Will spend next weekend going over the whole thing and documenting with photos. If no one on the Forum is interested, I'll be posting it on eBay in the next week or two, with a no-reserve starting price of $2500 and a Buy It Now of $2995, which is what the brokerage was asking.

One final note: Yes, if it weren't for the damn eyesight going, this is a car I'd keep and restore. I think it's that good.

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span>

A P.S.: According to paperwork just faxed to me, it appears this is a one-owner car. Original buyer moved to San Diego area in '92 and has had it all these years, trading it in recently on a new Vette.

For a picture, <span style="font-style: italic">before it was sold</span>: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...amp;cardist=102

NOTE: Car is a '90, not a '91 as advertised.

Jerry.... send me the vin

Has something changed on the forum? I tried clicking on your name, it gave me your email, and when I clicked on that, it would not give me the format to send you a note directly....... It may be my computer

EPILOG: Paperwork done, cashier's check drawn -- but suddenly no one could come up with a title. "Why don't we give you an out-of-state address on the contract and that way you can get your own title." As the old saw goes, "Run, do not walk, away from that deal!" Oh well, if it seems too good to be true....