Weight

I would like to know the weight of a 73 Century two door and a 73 Centurion convertible. Where can I look or does anyone know?

Guest Teamsterdug

As per "Standard Catalog of Buick" 1903-1990:<BR> The '73 Lesabre Centurion 2dr conv 4,316#<BR> The '73 Century/Luxus/2dr HT Cpe 3,718#<BR> The '73 Century/Regal/2dr HT Cpe 3,743#

Car / Standard Catalog / Truck Scale<BR>Wildcat<BR>46467 Conv / 3988 / 4300<BR>46667 Conv / 4089 / 4900<P>Standard Catalog lists "shipping weight"<BR>As you can see, the real weights can be a lot different. Depends on options of course. Air and power accesories really add the pounds. The first car above does not have air, does have power windows. The second car has the Super Wildcat engine, cruise, custom interior, power seat as additional weight (both cars have pw, v trunk, p top. Hope this helps, TN<p>[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: Wildcat65 ]

Those shipping weights only include about 1/4 tank of fuel too. Gas weighs something like 6lbs/gallon. Sometimes, I suspect, those weights were for the base model instead of the fancier models with more equipment and insulation. If you're paying to ship by weight, you want to admit to the lightest weight you can.<P>Another source could be magazine road tests where the shipping and actual weights of the road test vehicles are listed. You might have to check on similar vehicles of a different year on those respective body styles, but there might be something somewhere.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467

Guest Shaffer

I think the "shipping" weight on my old 1972 Buick Electra 225 Custom was 4,560 according to Standard Catalog of American cars. <P>I think the 1972 Buick Estate Wagon 9-passenger was about 4,800-4,900 empty.

If you ever go to the dump they will weigh your car when you come and when you go to see how much junk you left. Ask the guy for a printout and you can figure it out.<P>My old '70 El Camino weighed 3800lbs with me in it (160lbs) The curb weight was around 3600lbs I believe.<p>[ 04-10-2002: Message edited by: Tomsriv ]