1966 starfire

pphil

does anyone know the value of a 66 starfire(roundhouse figure)

2 door-white paint-red interier-bench seat w/arm rest

no ac just plain car 425 motor. it is all there with no rust.

as they say it ran when we parked it but that was in 1988

has not been moved or started since.

this car belongs to my uncle and he is in bad shape i am going to buy

it and need to give him a fair price.

thanks scott

1964 biuck wildcat 425-2-4bbls 4-speed

coming soon(1966 starfire 425 auto)

smile.gif

Does it run now, and is everything there? That will dictate how much it's worth. I've seen nice 66s go for as little as $1500, and as high as $9500. Over that, someone is outside reality for a 66. Price goes down for missing Starfire stuff because it's hard to find and generally expensive.

The Strato-Bench/column shift package is comparatively rare, and I'm betting the guts are Bronze (metallic orangey-red) instead of red, as Strato-Bench was available only in Black or Bronze. Lot of Starfire people look down on the Strato-Bench 66, saying it's not true concept of Starfire, but the Strato-Bench was available only on higher-line 1966 GM cars. Put it this way- Toronado Deluxe and Starfire were the only Oldsmobiles to get it. You'll find it's very comfortable along with its sporty appearance.

Since it's family, offer $800-1000. If you can get it to run, move and stop, $1500-1800. Past that, if it needs much, it won't be cost-effective. But as they say- a Starfire is a Starfire, and they're all desirable cars. I always thought they defined Oldsmobile in those years- adventurous, solid and sporty, and built for people who appreciated engineering and gadgets.

Guest Dave Wyatt

If the car is southern, it will be worth more than a northern (ie rusty) car, so use your best judgement there. The condition of the body and frame is more important than the drive line IMHO.

I am in northeast Mississippi.Give me a call if you need any advice or info/parts for the 66.662-454-9710 richard Currently have 4 maybe 5 of them.They are super cars and good performance for a car that size.Some interior and trim parts are tough to find but all in all you should be able to find anything you need if you keep looking.Fusick and Kanter will be good places to find parts for that model.

Just realised you're in Nashville. Hook up with Music City Rockets there, 4833 Concord Dr, Hermitage 37076 (can't find their last newsletter with the e-mail stuff in it, think it's ragtops@comcast.net ). There were a couple of 62s in that club at one time and I'm sure they'd welcome you.

I've got the 66 chassis and body manuals and the Service Guilds if you need help, and there's some stuff that is found only in the SG. We've been piddling on my buddy's 66 this year, straightening out some wiring and vacuum issues and general maintenance it needed from not being driven much by previous owners. She's roadworthy now though- baby's got her Rockets on again!

Let's hope yours soon will, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...