Road Wheels Wanted/455 Manifold/carb wanted

I am looking at a 72 Centurion on ebay that has a set of aftermarket American racing wheels on it and the seller indicates the carb has been changed to a 2 barrel so I need:

Set of four Buick road wheels for this car (I don't care what year they came off of as long as they fit)

Four barrel iron manifold and carb complete set up. I can pick up in the midwest.

Thanks

Bryan Moran

BCA 28571

Bryan,

I have four, 15x7", road (rallye) wheels for sale. They are correct for 1971 and newer big Buicks such as a 72 Centurion. The 7" rallye wheels are very difficult to find compared to the much more common 6" width, 5 inch bolt circle wheels. These are in excellent condition with freshly painted black centers and polished chrome. They are complete and ready to mount including tri-shield center caps and new valve stems.

They are a matched set and, in fact, three of the four were manufactured on the same date.

They were sold to a Buick enthusiast in New York. After I had shipped them, the buyer asked if I would please take them back as he was no longer purchasing the car the were intended for. I agreed to accept them back as a courtesy to a fellow hobbyist.

The asking price is $695 plus shipping. Please note that the retail price for reproduction 15x7 road wheels as offered by Coker was $322 each, not including center caps or valve stems, the last time I checked. I believe that you would be getting a very good value.

You can refer to the attachment to my posting of 06/02/04 in this forum under "rallye wheels" to view the wheels.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Jim Vesely

BCA 39477

Madison, WI

Jim,

Thanks for the offer Jim but the price is too high for me. What's weird is that the car I am buying or bidding on now is located in Madison so it is very tempting but it is a driver and my bid is $1700 now, I won't go much higher and I can't justify a $700.00 price on wheels alone - if it were a show car - OK.

I am looking for a set that I can polish up into a decent shine using steel wool and chrome polish and put in place of the (very bad looking) American mags this car has on them now.

Thank you for the opportunity though.

Bryan