Wanted: FRONT stabilizer BOLT

Guest Mr. Solutions

Guest Mr. Solutions

Hi

As per the subject line, I need a BOLT for the front stabilizer for '51 Model 41D. Mine snapped off when I tried to take the nut off... Just to refresh your memory, this is the bolt that the 4 rubber bushings and the 4 metal bushing "cups" are housed on (hope that makes sense).

Anybody got a good used spare? Any other ideas for a replacement?

Guest imported_JPIndusi

Measure the length of the bolt on the other side. Go to a good hardware store and buy a new bolt and nut. These are generally 7 or 8 inches long for 40's to 50's Buicks. The hardware store bolts will probably be coarse thread but they work just fine.

Joe, BCA 33493

A good mom-&-pop or ACE hardware store will have a Grade 8 bolt and nut that should do the trick--should run you just a couple bucks for both sides. While you're there, you might as well replace the other one, right?

I don't know how well your car driver and rides, but when I bought a new set of end links (the assembly you're dealing with) with new rubber pads and then new bushings for the middle of the bar (the clamps to the frame), the car handled a million times better! I replaced the front springs and shocks and left the old sway bar bushings in place, and you'd just about slide across the front seat on a turn. New bushings, even on the tiny diameter sway bar, made the car corner wonderfully and flat.

I got my kit from CARS and it was worth the very cheap price.

Just my .02

-Brad