Vinyl Tops and Targa Bands

Reatta Fan

there is one place that is the center of the universe for this: Cleveland, Ohio.

there is a company, Roman Chariot, Inc., in Cleveland that specilaizes in "re-styling accessories".

I have to laugh every time we're in Cleveland calling on one of our dealers, Lake Buick. they probably service more Reattas than any other Buick dealer on earth. looking out into the service lot, there will usually be at least twenty Reattas, and half of the coupes will have either the convertible-look roof/targa band combination, or just the targa band. its always a reminder that a parallel universe does exist.

other strong areas for "roof restyling" are Chicagoland and Florida. who could ever forget the elegance which could be imparted to the classic lines of a Mercury Topaz with the addition of a carriage roof and a stand-up faux spare tire bolted to the rear bumper? I also have a photo I took in Florida of a Mercury Sable with the timeless addition of a carriage roof embroidered with

"Sonic Boom Edition". elegant, n'es pa?

Mike

He looks like a typical used car shark. List the car as having 26,000 miles, Engine New "26,000" ago. (is that new ) , make it sound and cleverly taken photos to make it look like a convert.

I ask him

"Don't you think it is a little misleading to list the mileage as 26,000 on a car that has 126,000 miles on it ?????"

No, not at all. The engine was rebuilt at 100,000 miles. That means everything was new in the engine at rebuilt time, which means there's only 26,000 miles on it. If there's anymore confusion let me know.

Has anyone ever made an 88 or 89 a real targa ? Were there any differences in the frame of the 90-91 convert to restore the torsional stiffness without the roof connection ? Would solve my headroom issue.

i believe but im not sure that i saw a red reatta with targa tops, i think it was an 88 like mine, it had a small hood emblem, it was rough looking, no major work but it only had the "I" of buick left on the back light. it looked like it but i only saw the car for about 15seconds in traffic then it pulled off. also, i think i remember something about someone saying they saw a "butchered" reatta in like california. something like it had custom t-tops or a custum sunroof, a big firebird esque something on its hood, and a few other things, you could search for it, i think it was origionally posted about 2-3 years ago and i asked about it like maybe 6 months ago. if you think your gonna try and do t tops keep track of who does it, i think i would be very interested, im like 6'2 and sometimes i wish i had a convertible or more head room. ha right....

Edit:: MY GOD, IT'S A REATTA...! is the post and was made by ALF1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Edit:: MY GOD, IT'S A REATTA...! is the post and was made by ALF1 </div></div>

As I recall, the car had hand-made T-tops...which weren't bad, considering. The car body was otherwise stock, albeit with flames, Firebird eagle on the hood, etc. The gagger was the crushed-ratskin interior.

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span>