side mirrors interchangeable?

Barbie

Barbie,

all Reattas used the same RIGHT mirror. LEFT mirror plugs are different, and break down this way: 1988-1989 models use one mirror. this one has two plugs. the 1990-1991 models use what appears to be an identical mirror, but there is only one plug.

the mounting portion of the mirror is identical, so the left sides could be used interchangeably, you would just have none of the power features. it is possible that perhaps some rewiring could be done, but we have never attempted it.

Mike

Guest C.F.Massie

Mike,

I replaced my drivers side mirror awhile back because the up and down motion quit. You are correct the mirrors for 88-89 have different connector setup than the 90-91's do. I changed the connectors on the 90 model mirror to work in my 89. Wiring is basically the same, just a matter of fitting to a different connector.

Oh, by the way Mike thankyou for the 16-way seat bezel and switches for the passenger seat, I think I may have the only Reatta with 16-way seats on both the driver and passenger sides with the correct orientation of the bezels. The passenger seat looks like it came from the factory that way. Wonder why only the Riviera had that setup available and not the Reatta? My wife also wants to say thanks, heck the change was really for her comfort. It was a snap having a spare drivers seat and fitting the controls to the opposite side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yup, all years used the same mirrors. </div></div>

Doh! Sorry. (even more embarrasing knowing how annoyed I get at the incorrect info being posted) sorry sorry blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may have the only Reatta with 16-way seats on both the driver and passenger sides with the correct orientation of the bezels. </div></div>

Actually, I'm pretty sure both Sahein and myself have the "correct" right side finish plates in ours as well. grin.gif