wiring harnesses

WillBilly53

another question,<BR>anybody know of any sources for wiring harnesses? i found rhode island wiring services, but i thought there price for my car was a little hight ($626) and that was just for under the dash not including headlights or tail lights, etc.<P>thanks again in advance.<P>will

That price is not too out of line. Perhaps high, but you are not being ripped off. The problem is that puting these things together is labor-intensive labor. Each has to be made by hand, and each order is different.<P>My suggestion would be to do the whole care while you are at it. If wires are bad in one spot, they will likely have problems elsewhere too.<P>Happy wrenching, or soldering as the case may be...<P>Fr. Doug Cook

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

I bought mine from Harnesses Unlimited.<BR>Wayne, PA 610-688-3998<P>All I needed was all the underhood wiring for the generator and voltage regulator.<P>The previous owner had put an alternator in the car, and I wanted to put back the generator and regulator.<P>Harnesses Unltd. took the time to find out what I needed, made it up, sent me some of that tape without adhesive, and then SENT ME A BILL!<P>They trusted me to mail them a check.<P>The wiring was perfect, it came with instructions, and the price was right.<P>Scott Mich

I have bought many looms from Rhode Island wireing. I have found them excellent and they will answer any questions during installination.They also have a great supplies catalog, if you can get by with patching your old loom, this may be all you need. <BR> When I patch I solder all connections if this is beyond your ability, spend the money you will be satisfied. Art

I posted this question about six months ago and I took the advice of Bill Stoneberg, DugsSin, and the Old Guy and ordered a complete harness (front and rear) from YnZ for my '40 Roadmaster. I am very pleased with it and the quality is excellent. Their harness's are complete with all the correct connectors which is important. Gene at YnZ is very helpful and knowledgeable.

• 2 weeks later...

Try Painless Performance Products out of dallas they distribute thru autozone, and maybe your local hot rod store, theire # is 1800423-9696 or painless peformance.com very reasonable half of the 600 you mentioned.<BR>It ran me $325 for my 64 skylark from head lights to tail lights. Hope the info is not to late..<BR>Ruben

Guest Teamsterdug

I would suggest following through with Rhode Island. They've been around a long time and are truly professionals. This is no place to scrimp. They will answer any question you have. Service comes at a price and believe me it's good to know that the support team is there should you need it. As far as others suggesting doing the whole car while your at it...do you really want to tear into your interior finish if it isn't really necessary? How much wiring really shows in the trunk? You've got to weigh it all out.