2002 Rendevous

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

I know a lot of you aren't fond of the Rendvous but I have been waiting for Buick to build something close to a mini van for 19 years and this is the closest they have been. My wife and I just purchased a new Rendevous and we are extremely happy with it. It rides and drives better than our 98 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport and so far looks like gas mileage will be equal or better than that. Our only real complaint is that is could have been just a little bigger. (something closer to the Grand Caravan). Hopefully we will still be happy with it in 2 years.

Hey - no probs with what you bought. In todays market with all the globalization - the big 2 and little one are really just screwing themselves in the long run.... though they're also screwing their workers in both the long AND short run. The Rendevous was built in Mexico. That point vexes me - but aside from some things on the vehicle plus THAT...I would probably buy one also. Enjoy the vehicle....but just let your dealer know that you too (..if you are that is...) very upset that it was built in Mexico.

Check out the new Rendezvous ad coming out on thursday, you can see it now at <A HREF="http://www.buick.com/rendezvous" TARGET=_blank>http://www.buick.com/rendezvous</A> <BR>Also press release:<BR>After A Successful 2001 For Both, Tiger Woods To Star In New Buick Rendezvous Ad <P><BR>DETROIT - Following a successful Buick Rendezvous launch with breakthrough advertising starring Buick spokesman Tiger Woods, a third Rendezvous spot featuring Tiger debuts during opening round coverage of the Buick Invitational golf tournament. The spot will also air on NBC's Olympic broadcast Saturday and throughout the games. <P>The commercial, titled "French Quarter," places Tiger in New Orleans - not on a golf course - and again focuses on the crossover vehicle's three-in-one capability in a fun, light-hearted way. <P>For the first time, Tiger has a leading lady in a commercial. A model from the Congo, named simply Kina, makes her television debut with Tiger. <P>"Rendezvous means 'a coming together,' " said Randall Tallerico, Buick advertising director. "Whether that refers to Rendezvous' combination of the best of a luxury car, minivan and SUV, or to people coming together, or to the magic inherent to New Orleans, we'll let the audience decide." <P>Buick is again using music in its advertising that reaches buyers who are likely to consider Rendezvous. Detroit's own Stevie Wonder enhances the new commercial with his 1972 hit "Superstition." <P>"This commercial is important for Rendezvous because we take a more sophisticated, sexier tone this time," said Dave Moore, executive creative director at McCann-Erickson Detroit. "At the same time, we still bring out the lighter side of Tiger and Buick." <P>The spot will air for the first time Thursday, Feb. 7, on the USA Network. In 2001, Tiger won a PGA Tour-best five times, including the Masters, his sixth major championship. He also won in Europe and captured two late-season events, the PGA Grand Slam of Golf and the Williams World Challenge. And, for the fourth consecutive year, Tiger topped the World Money List. <P>Now in its fifth decade of PGA Tour sponsorship, Buick is the title-sponsor of four PGA Tour events. <P>The Official Car of the PGA Tour since 1984, through its four tournaments, Buick has donated more than $20 million to local charities since 1982. <P>The new Buick/Tiger Woods commercial was created by Buick's national advertising agency, McCann-Erickson Detroit and directed by David Cornell. <P>Note: New Buick advertising can be viewed at <A HREF="http://www.buick.com/rendezvous" TARGET=_blank>www.buick.com/rendezvous</A> <P>For copies of the commercial, contact Jennifer Flowers, McCann-Erickson Detroit, 248-269-3294