Door Hinge Replacement?

littleblue90

We have to do something before our door falls off!!! shocked.gif Drivers side door is hanging on for dear life. Might as well do the passenger side too. Does it have to be a Reatta door hinge? Is it possible to replace it with another make/model? Anyone replace on of these? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Sheila

I believe auto parts stores have a repair kit. Some are just bigger pins others have bushings and stock size pins.

As far as replacing, the parts book 86-93 Riviera are the same. There are four different parts numbers for upper and lower, right and left.

I have several Reatta parts cars and have all four hinges in blue. I would look close at your hinges though to make sure you do need all four as generally the hinges are pretty good. I have owned several cars with over 200,000 miles on them and the hinges were still in good working order. You can access the bolts with the door open so it is a fairly easy job to replace the hinges. Just do one at a time and prop the rear end of the door up at about the same level as normal when replacing the hinges. This way the alignment will stay the same. I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com